Submitted by gjunky on November 21, 2011
With all the technology in this car, I was thinking what a valet mode on this car could be.
This is what I would like to see / think would be cool:
- Driving up to a valet station, press the voice command button
- say: "Activate Valet Mode"
- response: Valet mode activated. One half mile range
- say: Change valet mode to one quarter mile
- response: Valet mode changed to one quarter mile
- The center screen would now only display the words "Valet Mode Active"
- All other screen functions, including maps, nav, music and address book are locked out
- Max speed and power are limited
- If the car travels more than a quarter mile (or metric of course) from its current position, an alert is sent to the mobile app with its current location and speed
- A camera feed from the front or interior of the car can be viewed on the mobile app at any time
- Valet mode can be deactivated from the mobile app or some kind of code on the center screen