I've seen several threads (and even more posts) asking how to post pictures here. There are a myriad of ways to do it and even regular forum users seem to trip up on it more often than not. So, here's my HOW TO guide. It is not a comprehensive guide to all the different services, but instead focuses on ONE VERY EASY way to do it:
1) Get yourself a free flickr.com account. You MUST be signed in for these instructions to work.*
2) Upload your pictures to flickr.com. Full resolution is fine, no need to worry about sizing them or anything.
3) Once uploaded, click through to the the page for JUST THAT PICTURE.
4) Find and click the "share" icon in the lower right hand corner. It's that little square with the arrow coming out of it. If you use iOS, you should recognize it instantly.
5) If it's not already open, expand the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" section.
6) Change the drop down to "Medium 500".**
7) You MUST click the the HTML radio button.***
8) Copy the text in the box and paste it into the forum.
You're done. Easy. Works 100% of the time, it's the right size to not blow the page out AND readers can click through the small image to see the full size on directly on Flickr. Highly recommended!
* Trying this while not logged in will get you the "lightbox" view which won't give you the correct options.
** Some advocate editing the URL to change the width to 600 (the actual column size here). Editing the HTML is prone to error if you don't know what you're doing, and it only nets you a 20% larger picture. With these directions, you can always click on the image to see it in more detail directly on Flickr.
*** By default the Embed radio button is selected. That won't work in these forums because it uses an "iframe".