Submitted by nickjhowe on Wed, 2012-11-21 11:07
Looking at this thread on regen I got to thinking about just how much energy is in an 85kWh battery. So, plugging it into Wolfram alpha we find out that 85kWh is:
- equivalent to 305MJ
- about $9.83 in typical electricity prices
- 10% of the annual energy use of a standard clothes dryer
- 16% of the Planck Energy
- 20% of the energy of a typical (?) lightning bolt!
- 3.6% of the total magnetic field energy in all the magnets in the LHC
- 3.4µg relativistic mass equivalent
Any other interesting/fun/crazy equivalencies?